FERODO PREMIER ECO FRICTION FDB Brake pad set
prepared for wear indicator, with piston clip, without accessories
Made in USA
34116860017 | 34106874034
Brake Pad Set
Let’s face it, brake pads hands down are the most important components of our vehicle. Our brake pads allow us to stop our vehicles with a simple push of a brake pedal. Essentially brake pads convert the kinetic energy of the vehicle to thermal energy through friction. Unfortunately, they don’t last forever and are considered to be a major wear item that must be replaced before they completely wear out and damage the brake rotor costing you more in repairs. Brake pads can be made of several materials such as a semi-metallic compound, ceramic compound, or organic. Brake pads are suggested to be checked frequently during oil changes or routine services for wear to ensure you have at least the minimum pad thickness as stated by the car manufacturer.
Brake Pad Set Failure Symptoms
Rotor Hot spots
A noticeable lip on the rotors outer edge
FERODO brake pads entered the market in 1902. Nowadays, they are produced by the American corporation Tenneco.
The company first manufactured parts for disc brakes in 1956, and in 1980 they presented Europe’s first asbestos-free pads. In 2007, the components from this brand won the prestigious “Grand Prix Gold Award” at EQUIP AUTO, the international trade show for automotive aftersales and services for mobility.
Production of the brand’s components is carried out at the factories in the USA, the UK, France, Spain, Italy, the Czech Republic and Germany. These spare parts are in the premium price segment.
The following product lines are the most popular among car owners:
- Premier: this is a series of brake pads for commercial vehicles. A specially designed cast iron backplate makes these parts lighter. It also bonds to the friction lining better. The branded ProTec S® attachment system with a welded connection between the pad and the spring provides even distribution of the clamping force over the entire working surface and ensures faster retracting of the component from the disc. This improves the braking performance and prevents uneven wear-out of the braking surface. This solution also reduces vibrations and ensures quieter operation of the brakes.
- Eco-Friction: these brake pads are made of an innovative friction material which contains 25 new components. They are copper-free and therefore eco-friendly. These brake pads perform well at high temperatures. They are suitable for sporty driving and operate silently.
- Service Line (SL): these are used by many automotive manufacturers as original equipment. They ensure efficient braking at temperatures ranging from –30°C to +700°C. These brake pads prevent premature wear out of brake discs.
- ThermoQuiet: this series is presented by ceramic products with a special heat-resistant layer which limits the heat exchange with the brake cylinder. These pads are characterised by longevity. They are efficient at extreme temperatures. They generate very little dust during braking, which is why they don’t soil the wheel discs.
In total, the company has developed over 50 types of friction materials. This allows you to choose Ferodo brake pads tailored to the individual specifications of your vehicle. Special V-grooves ensure silent operation of the brakes.
COMPATIBILITY WITH PASSENGER CAR
BMW 2 Active Tourer (F45) (Year of Construction 11.2013 – …, 116 – 150 PS, Diesel, Petrol)
- 216d 1.5, Year of Construction 03.2014 – …, 1496 ccm, 116 PS
- 218d 2.0, Year of Construction 11.2013 – …, 1995 ccm, 136 PS
- 218d 2.0, Year of Construction 11.2013 – …, 1995 ccm, 150 PS
- 218d xDrive 2.0, Year of Construction 12.2014 – …, 1995 ccm, 136 PS
- 218d xDrive 2.0, Year of Construction 12.2014 – …, 1995 ccm, 150 PS
- 218i 1.5, Year of Construction 11.2013 – …, 1499 ccm, 136 PS
- 218i 1.5, Year of Construction 03.2018 – …, 1499 ccm, 140 PS
BMW 2 Gran Tourer (F46) (Year of Construction 08.2014 – …, 95 – 116 PS, Diesel, Petrol)
- 214d 1.5, Year of Construction 07.2015 – 02.2018, 1496 ccm, 95 PS
- 216d 4.0, Year of Construction 08.2014 – …, 1496 ccm, 116 PS
- 216i 1.5, Year of Construction 09.2014 – 02.2018, 1499 ccm, 102 PS
- 216i 1.5, Year of Construction 03.2018 – …, 1499 ccm, 109 PS
BMW X1 (F48) (Year of Construction 11.2014 – …, 116 PS, Diesel)
- sDrive16d 1.5, Year of Construction 11.2014 – …, 1496 ccm, 116 PS
BMW X2 (F39) (Year of Construction 11.2018 – …, 116 PS, Diesel)
- sDrive 16 d, Year of Construction 11.2018 – …, 1496 ccm, 116 PS